When you express your feelings you open the door to experiencing life at its richest and fullest. Think about the quality of life you can have if you:
- Tell people you love them.
- Cry when you’re sad.
- Laugh when you’re happy.
- Admit when you’re scared.
- Be angry in a healthy way.
When you learn how to live with all the things you feel you become a more well-rounded, balanced person. What will you do to express your feelings?
Your ego can easily lead to being unhappy because it’s not an accurate reflection of who you are. When you’re living based on ego it usually means that you:
- Worry about what others think.
- Try to keep up appearances.
- Try to gain power or control over others.
- Pretend you’re perfect.
- Think and behave based on your hurts.
- Hide your true self.
- Avoid being vulnerable.
- Avoid dealing with your inner hurts.
- Do things because others said you should.
- Find other people to blame for your missteps.
- Try to find happiness through material objects.
You can waste a lot of time time and energy doing these types of things and never be genuinely content with yourself. A more positive way to be happy is to take the time to get to know yourself well and live as the real you. What will you do to move past ego?
You’ll be much happier in life if you’re willing to change your mind, which means being flexible enough to evaluate your thinking and make changes so you can move in a positive direction. A lot of people run into major difficulties because they won’t change their minds no matter what the consequences may be. They stubbornly adhere to some idea until they go down with the ship. The key to being happy in life is to think and do things that help you be a flexible, balanced, healthy, well-rounded person. What will you do to be more willing to change your mind?
If you want to be as happy as possible in life it’s important to always move toward the light, which means that you think and behave in positive ways that don’t hurt you or others. A lot of people learn the hard way that they can’t behave negatively and feel great at the same time. For example: If you do things that hurt others, even if you become rich and influential, you will never be truly happy because you’re creating negative energy. To live a deeply fulfilling and meaningful life, it’s important to constantly and consistently do things that make the world a better place for you and as many other people as possible. What will you do to move toward the light?
One of the best ways to be happy is to stop trying to be perfect, mainly because it’s an impossible, frustrating fabrication that only complicates your existence. Focus instead on doing things that are meaningful to you and that make you feel content and fulfilled. Listen to your inner voice and work on living life as the real you rather than some idealized person who doesn’t exist. Make your life easier by enjoying your journey instead of worrying about impressing others or appearing invincible. Have fun and be happy rather than obsessing on doing things that set you up for failure.
Here are ten ideas to be happy right now:
- Make a list about all the great things about you.
- Do something you love doing.
- Do something nice for someone else.
- Start working on healing one of your hurts.
- Smile for fifteen seconds.
- Identify one thing you really want to do in life.
- Make a list of things that make you happy.
- Take a walk.
- Read a book you love.
- Do something creative.
When you do positive things like these you’ll energize yourself. The key to being happy in life is to do small things each day that bring you joy and fulfillment and help you live your life authentically. What will you do to be happy right now?
Many people live their lives as if they’re waiting for something else to happen. The only way to be truly happy in life is to really live, as in:
- Doing the things you really love to do.
- Expressing yourself.
- Becoming as happy and healthy as you can be.
- Being beautiful on the inside.
- Making your dreams come true.
- Making the world a better place for everyone.
- Being yourself.
When you do these things you open the door to countless exciting opportunities and possibilities than can bring you great joy. What will you do to really live?