Creativity is a vital element of happiness because it can take you to places you never knew existed. When you’re creative, you open your mind up to doing things differently. Rules don’t matter and you focus instead on the amazing possibilities present at any time. How can you think more creatively? Dare to look at things from a different point of view and be open to the opportunities that come your way. When you do something new or create something that wasn’t there, you’re being creative.
Building self-esteem is a major part of being happy but a lot of people make it more difficult than it has to be. The key is to do things that really speak to you such as:
- Deciding who the real you is and what love doing.
- Writing down a list of tasks that will help do the things you love.
- Doing one small thing each day.
The act of doing things that mean something to you will help you build your self-esteem over time.
One of the reasons that people want change is to live a meaningful, fulfilling life after they’ve put up with everything else for years and years. They want to be happy. The key in life is to actively make your dreams come true and live from that place inside you that knows who you really are. The more authentic your life, the more opportunities will come your way that feel like a good fit. You won’t have to settle because you’ll be listening to your inner voice.
If you’ve ever seen someone cry at what seems to be an inappropriate time or in an unusual context then you know what it’s like to bottle up pain. A big part ofbeing happy is healing the things inside you that cause you pain. These can be things you’ve done in the past or that people have done to you that have hurt you in some way. The discomfort comes from people not treating you with kindness or you not being able to do it for yourself.
The hurt simply means that you have something deep inside that needs attention. It keeps hurting unless you reconnect with who you really are and live a genuine, fulfilling life that comes from deep inside you. It’s the split from your true self that causes the pain and you can never hide it because it comes out when you least expect it. There are many things you can do to heal including going to therapy, meditation and living a life that is deeply meaningful to you. What will you do to start the healing?
A major element of being happy is learning how to believe in yourself. It’s one thing to say that you should do it but quite another to actually practice it in your own life. The only way to truly believe in yourself is to do things like the following:
- Whenever a thought comes in your head saying you shouldn’t believe in yourself, replace it with a positive one. Do this as often as you need to (it could be hundreds or thousands of times) until the unproductive thought no longer has any power.
- Reinforce your skills. The idea is to keep practicing until you’re comfortable. When you feel a lack of confidence, keep taking small steps to become more proficient at whatever it is you find challenging. The act of continuing to work on your skills will help you gain confidence.
Try these two ideas and practice them over and over. The more you repeat them the more you’ll believe in yourself and the happier you’ll be.