It’s hard to be genuinely happy if you do things like:
- Pretend you’re happy.
- Be only superficially happy.
- Don’t do anything to resolve your inner hurts.
- Repeat unproductive thinking or behavior patterns.
- Rely on others for your happiness.
- Live in fear.
- Resist change and growth.
- Constantly seek power or status.
- Rely on material things to make you happy.
While it may seem obvious that these behaviors don’t lead to happiness, countless people practice them every day of their lives. The key to finding true fulfillment and happiness in life is to live consciously and meaningfully. Find out who you are deep inside and live life as the real you instead of thinking and doing things that keep you from living genuinely. You’re worth it.