A lot of people look to external sources for contentment, not realizing that happiness comes from the inside. No matter how hard you try to extract happiness from other people or things, you’ll never be as satisfied as when you find it within you. Here are some ideas on how to find the joy inside you:
- Take an honest look at yourself, celebrate what you do well and work on what needs adjustment.
- Acknowledge your inner hurts and heal them, go to therapy if you need to.
- Resolve your unresolved issues.
- Decide who you really are and what your really want to do in life and follow your true path.
- Listen to your inner voice, not what others tell you to do.
- Treat yourself kindly.
- Forgive yourself.
- Take action each day to live life as the real you.
When you do all these things you’ll be on the path to true happiness because you’ll be living life as the authentic you. No amount of outside people or things will make you as happy as healing yourself and following your inner voice. Once you do that, everything else will flow. Where does your happiness come from?